Exacis is harnessing the power of the immune system to cure cancer.
Our mission is to democratize access to safe and highly effective cell therapies to treat solid tumors and hematologic malignancies.
Exacis creates high quality iPSCs in-house using a proprietary, mRNA-based process that avoids the risks and costs of viruses during the reprogramming process. We use a proprietary gene editing platform consisting of a high-precision mRNA vectorized gene editing protein NoveSlice™ to engineer our iPSCs to avoid host rejection (confers allogenicity) and to increase persistence as well as performance. We further differentiate them into highly active, mRNA engineered iNK cells.
Potent, Consistent and High Quality Products
- Highly metabolically active, footprint-free iPSC as starting cell type engineered for potency and persistence
- Clonal expansion of edited and differentiated cells yielding uniform population from MCB source
- mRNA-based gene editing = No virus or DNA – no DNA insertion, genomic scarring, or off target effects
Exclusive Global IP Protection: > 50 Patents Exclusively In-Licensed For Developing Engineered NK and T Cell Treatments for Cancer
- mRNA cell reprogramming from somatic cell to iPSC in ~21 days
- mRNA vectorization of gene editing proteins (RiboSlice™) allowing “dose titration” to modulate editing efficiency
- Proprietary high-precision gene editing endonuclease protein (NoveSlice™) designed to eliminate off target effects
- Fusogenic nucleic acid delivery system protects mRNA for high efficiency delivery and fuses with plasma membrane to avoid endosomal escape
What We Do
Exacis is developing potent, safe, and high-quality NK and T cell therapies to treat both solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. Our cells are produced based upon a Programmable Therapeutics Platform that consists of fully reprogrammed induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) that are engineered with both stealthing and performance edits. The platform can be programmed by inserting either Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CAR) targeting desired antigens or by combining with monoclonal antibodies aimed at specific tumors.
Our manufacturing process is rapid and capital efficient because of such elements as our purely mRNA based engineering processes that avoid the use of viruses and DNA, as well as the ability to clonally expand the fully engineered cells to yield nearly unlimited numbers of homogenously engineered cells that can be fully characterized to confirm that there are no unwanted edits or off-target effects.