Exacis Biotherapeutics is an immune-oncology company developing advanced engineered NK and T cell therapies to treat resistant solid and hematologic
malignancies. The company is finalizing its funding and has initiated hiring its scientific team to work in our labs in Cambridge, Ma.
We are seeking passionate and mission driven candidates to join our team in the role of Associate Scientist. In this position, you will use industry leading mRNA and cell-engineering technologies to develop new medicines for patients with cancer.
As an Associate Scientist at Exacis, you will
- Design and execute molecular biology, microbiology, and cell biology experiments
- Lead synthetic and analytical method process development
- Apply novel mRNA, cell-engineering, and nucleic-acid delivery technologies
- Collaborate with our academic and industry partners to design and execute experiments
- See your efforts develop into medicines that treat cancer patients
Our ideal candidate has
- A Bachelors or Masters degree, ideally in engineering, chemistry, or biology preferred
- Research experience
- Working knowledge of molecular biology, microbiology, and cell-biology laboratory techniques
- A strong desire to create transformational technologies for the development of new medicines
- A love of science, an insatiable curiosity, and a willingness to tackle challenging projects
- The ability to plan work and manage timelines
- Authorization to work in the United States
What you can expect from Exacis
- The opportunity to work on very important independent and collaborative research projects
- A competitive compensation package with benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays, student loan repayment assistance
- Comprehensive training on the company’s technologies
- Opportunities for publications, patents, conference presentations, and international travel
- Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- Position Title: Associate Scientist
- Company Name: Exacis Biotherapeutics Inc.
- Job Function: Scientist
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 0-1 Year
Exacis is a development stage immuno-oncology company focused on harnessing the human immune system to cure cancer. Exacis uses its proprietary mRNA-based technologies to engineer next-generation off-the-shelf NK and T cell therapies aimed at liquid and solid tumors. Exacis was founded in 2020 with an exclusive license to a broad suite of patents covering the use of mRNA-based cell reprogramming and gene editing technologies for oncology. For more information, visit www.exacis.com.
ExaNK™, ExaCAR-NK™ and ExaCAR-T™ utilize mRNA cell reprogramming and mRNA gene-editing technologies developed and owned by Factor Bioscience. Exacis has an exclusive license to the Factor Bioscience technology for engineered NK and T cell products derived from iPSCs for use in oncology and holds all global development and commercial rights for these
About Natural Killer (NK) Cell Therapies
NK cells are a type of human immune cell that is able to recognize and kill cancer cells and can be modified through genetic engineering to target specific tumors.